Garage floor epoxy can be useful in many different situations, particularly if you are putting in all new flooring. Finding the right epoxy for your particular situation can be difficult , but hopefully this guide will provide you with some helpful tips. Garage floor epoxy paint is easy to come by, and there are a variety of brands on the market which we will e xamine below.In this review, we will examine a broad range of garage floor epoxies, with the goal of helping narrow down your choices.
Types of Garage Floor Epoxies
There are two main types of garage floor epoxies. There are epoxy coatings, and then there are just the epoxies themselves. Here are the two different categories, and the brands and features that fit into them:
- Garage Floor Epoxy Coating:
- Valspar Quikrete Epoxy Garage Floor Coating—Coming in at $64.80, this particular garage floor coating is sure to provide you with a multitude of uses. To begin with, it is said to be 2 times stronger than concrete, which will give you the ultimate in garage flooring. All you need is one coat to make the floor look nice, shiny, and attractive. It is very durable, and is made of 2 parts, meaning that it is a water-based epoxy. The low amount of odor won’t give you a headache or make you feel nauseous like others do. If you have hot tires, they won’t damage this epoxy; at least, not as easily. In short, this product will protect your garage floor and keep it looking nice for quite awhile.
- Water based Epoxy Floor Coating Clear 1 Gallon Garage Floor Epoxy—This product costs approximately $73 plus tax, but it will do you and your garage floor a lot of good. It is primarily water-based, however, so it may come off easier than other epoxy coatings. Two coats are required to get the job done, so you may want to make sure that you are doing an efficient job when applying this. The good thing about the product is the fact that you can apply it over damp surfaces. If your floor is slightly wet, it shouldn’t matter too much with this particular coating.
- Garage Floor Epoxy:
- Rust-Oleum Garage Floor Kit, Gray–$53.49 is not too bad a price to pay when you consider the fact that Rust-oleum has made this product. Not to mention, it’s a whole kit guaranteed to make your job a lot easier. You can only use this indoors, which means that the garage floor can only be inside the actual garage. If you make a mess, don’t worry about it. Soap and water will clean the mess right up. It has a low odor, just like the Valspar coating. This will make your garage floor as shiny as a showroom floor.
- Rust-Oleum EPOXYshield Anti-Skid—Another great aspect of rust-oleum floor epoxy is the anti-skid additive you can mix in with it. It only costs $5.12, and is definitely worth the purchase price. Best of all, this anti-skid additive will not change the color of your flooring. If you don’t want to go sliding across the garage floor when you step out onto it, this additive is great to have. You can use it on concrete, wood, metal, and fiberglass surfaces.
- Rust-Oleum Armor Concrete Floor Paint—Now you can paint your concrete floors without worrying too much about potential damages. It only costs $31.42, and is well worth the price due to its durability, easy mess cleanup, and more.
There are a wide range of garage floor epoxy products available on today’s market. Finding one that suits your needs and wants no longer needs to be difficult. Choose from this diverse list of products, then watch as your floor shines.