In the event of a breakdown alongside the road, you need to have vehicle breakdown coverage, or at least have the names of good vehicle breakdown services so they can come rescue you. It is difficult to choose the top services out of so many competing companies in today’s market. However, this guide will provide you with resources to some of the best companies around. When you need vehicle breakdown service, there are many groups ready and able to help you with the problem.
Top Vehicle Breakdown Service Companies
Some of the most major companies on the market vying for you attention in the event that you do need roadside assistance are all over the world. Rac is one of the most popular companies. First of all, they offer a service that lets people go online ahead of time and select whether they want personal or vehicle coverage. Then you can select how much and what type of coverage you want, and the website should be able to give you a quote or an estimate. They have different coverage plans for European breakdowns, motorbike coverage, and breakdown coverage for business.
Another top company is Green Flag. They offer five different packages you can choose from with many different options included in each of them. First, the rescue package is the most basic of the five. It offers roadside assistance, local vehicle recovery, no callout charges, and message services. Their second package, called Rescue Plus, offers all the same services plus coverage at home. The Recovery package offers everything but cover at home, but this is made up for by the addition of long distance recovery. The Recovery Plus package includes all of the previously mentioned options and adds in options if your car can’t be fixed, plus cash to collect your car. Finally, the Euro Plus package offers every option, including the European coverage. When you breakdown, Green Flag is there to help.
Benefits of Vehicle Breakdown Services
Numerous benefits come with having vehicle breakdown service. If you need assistance, the companies that help you can do many different things. Here is a list of some of the main reasons why breakdown services are great:
- Battery Testing—some companies will test your battery for you if you are stuck alongside the road. Usually when you break down, it is the result of a dead battery. If this is not the problem, the battery may be affected by numerous other factors.
- Jumpstarts—If the battery did die, the companies can give you a quick jumpstart to get you on your way. Many times, this is enough help until you can get the car into an automotive shop to look at it.
- Lock Out Service—Did you lock your keys in your car? The vehicle breakdown companies can help you unlock your car if this is the case.
- Fuel Delivery—If you run out of gas, you must pay for the cost of the fuel, but the vehicle breakdown service company will bring the fuel out to you so you can fuel up your car and get going.
- Home and roadside assistance—your company can help you if the car breaks down before you ever leave home. If you encounter a breakdown in the middle of the road, roadside assistance will come to you if you request it.
- Towing—Often, if your car cannot be started, the companies will tow your vehicle to an automotive repair shop, where you can then have the problem assessed more accurately.
Having vehicle breakdown service is beneficial for numerous reasons. Hopefully, this guide has persuaded you to purchase a policy for these services if you have not already done so.